Terraform import for Genesys Cloud routing queues throwing 404 on read

Hey folks. I’m trying to import an existing Genesys Cloud routing queue into my Terraform state so I can start managing it as code. I’ve got the queue ID from the UI, but when I run terraform import, the provider immediately fails with a 404.

Here’s the command I’m running:

terraform import gen_cloud_routing_queue.support_queue 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012

The error output says:

Error: Resource not found
with gen_cloud_routing_queue.support_queue,
on main.tf line 1:
1: resource "gen_cloud_routing_queue" "support_queue" {

I can hit GET /api/v2/routing/queues/12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012 directly in Postman and get a 200 OK with the full JSON payload. The auth token is the same service account used for the Terraform provider. I’ve double-checked the environment variable in my terraform.tfvars and it matches the region.

Is there a specific attribute I need to define in the resource block before importing? I usually just define the name and try to let the provider fetch the rest. The docs are a bit sparse on pre-requisites for the import command. I’ve tried adding description and outbound_email fields, but no luck. It feels like the provider is trying to read a nested attribute that’s null on the API response, but the error isn’t specific enough to tell me which one.

2 Likes

Check the provider docs, terraform import expects the id attribute specifically, not the internal system id. If that’s already what you’re using, the resource might be in a different org or deleted, so verify the ID via the /api/v2/routing/queues/{id} endpoint first.

1 Like

is spot on. Run a quick curl to /api/v2/routing/queues/{id} first to confirm the ID exists and you have access. If that returns 404, Terraform will too.