POST /api/v2/employeeengagement/recognitions returns 400 with python-genesyscloud 2.15.1

hello, i have a problem with the employee engagement api. i try to create recognition using python sdk 2.15.1 but it is coming error 400 bad request.

Repro steps:

  1. Initialize PureCloudApi.
  2. Create RecognitionRequest model.
  3. Call post_employeeengagement_recognitions.

The request is fail. I check the sdk source in genesyscloud/models/employee_engagement.py and the field mapping looks okay, but the api reject the payload. I try to send it with curl directly and it work, but with sdk it fail. Maybe the serializer is doing something wrong with the date format or the object nesting.

This is the error i get:

{
 "status": "error",
 "message": "Bad Request",
 "code": "BAD_REQUEST",
 "details": "Invalid request body: field 'recognitionDate' is required or has invalid format"
}

I try a workaround by manually casting the date to a string instead of using the SDK date object, but it still return 400. The environment is Asia/Tokyo and org is in AWS Tokyo region. It’s very strange because the curl request use the same date string and it go through.

The SDK is not sending the field correctly in the json body. I think there is a bug in how the model handles the employeeengagement request.