Ok,
I do not know who did this, but if someone DID do it, please help.
I am reviewing Reporting 6.5 Reference manual and I ran across a really interesting secion on page 2, titled “Normalizing Statistics in the Data Mart” which deals with getting statistics ready for brio.
It says:
For tools, such as Brio, to deal much more effectively with this data, it must be normalized; that is, presented in a structure the program recognizes. While you canft change the Data Mart table structure, you can build views over those tables to present the data in a normalized format.
What I am curious about is why is it necessary?
I thought that when we create a new template in CCA we would automatically get all we need…
For example, for skillased reporting, can’t we just create a template based on attach data in DMA and have Genesys do the rest? Why would there be a need for normalization?