I need to get agent wrap-up codes for completed conversations via the API.
Stop wasting time with the Conversations API. It only shows live data. You must use the Analytics API.
POST /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query
Filter by the conversation ID, then parse the segments array for the wrapUpCode string. It is the only reliable method.
Where do I even put that API request?
I am trying to run my contact center, but I keep being told to ‘Use the API’. I don’t have a server. Can I just paste that URL into my browser, or is there a way to get this information in a normal Excel report?
2 Likes
Actually, there is a known bug in the current version of the Python SDK regarding this.
In v2.4.1, if an agent selects a wrap-up code but the interaction is immediately transferred, the analytics query returns a null object for the wrapUpCode field instead of the UUID. I submitted PR #412 on the Genesys GitHub to fix the model serialization. Until it is merged, you have to parse the raw JSON dictionary instead of using the SDK object properties.
2 Likes
If you don’t want to build this yourself, our AppFoundry integration extracts this automatically.
We utilize the EventBridge integration to capture the wrap-up codes in real-time the moment the agent clicks submit, bypassing the Analytics API entirely, and pushing it directly to your CRM of choice.
Why isn’t this just a report in the UI?
My business analysts need to know the disposition of every call. If I have to hire a developer to write code just to see why customers called yesterday, this platform is failing my operational requirements.
1 Like