CX as Code Export fails on large org: HTTP 500 on /api/v2/integration/grant

We are trying to set up a disaster recovery pipeline by exporting our entire Genesys Cloud org configuration using the CX as Code provider. The goal is to get a single JSON dump of all resources to store in our S3 bucket for backup purposes.

The documentation for the genesys_cloud provider mentions using the export feature, but the underlying mechanism relies on the integration grant API to fetch the resources. When I run the export command on our production org (which has about 15,000 users and 200 queues), the process hangs for a while and then crashes.

The error I get is:

Error: Failed to export configuration: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
Response: {"code": 500, "message": "An internal server error occurred."}

I checked the genesys_cloud provider source code and it seems to use an internal endpoint to get the resources that is not publicly documented in the standard API spec.

But wait, that’s the endpoint for getting a token or grant info? No, the export function calls a different internal endpoint that batches the resources. The docs say: “Exporting large organizations may take several minutes. Ensure your timeout settings are adjusted accordingly.”

I have set the timeout in the provider block to 600 seconds:

provider "genesyscloud" {
 timeout = 600
}

But it still fails. Is there a specific API endpoint I should be calling directly to debug this? Or is the CX as Code provider hitting a rate limit on the export batch jobs?

Also, the error message is generic. Is there a way to get more detailed logs from the genesys_cloud provider to see which resource is causing the 500 error?

We need a reliable way to export the config. The current method is not working for large orgs. Any ideas on how to force a full export or split it into chunks?

The docs also mention: “For very large organizations, consider exporting specific resource types rather than the entire organization.”

But how do I specify resource types in the export command? I don’t see a flag for that in the genesyscloud export command.

Is there a workaround?