Cannot connect to DB server!

URS is unable to connect to dbserver - where as this db server is connected to a customer database.
URS is on a different host and db server is on the same host as database is resided.

I can ping dbserver host from urs host

the following error message is displayed in the URS logs
Cannot connect to DBServer ‘dbserver’ at host ‘xxxx’, port xxxx reason ‘unknown’
[01:16] server dbserver is being closed, socket 19

Telnet the DB Server port from the URS host. If it fails, then means it’s a network issue (such as firewalls).

Fra

Thanks for the respo nse
I got a connection refused resposne

1 Like

after the telnet issue fix, the problem still exists

1 Like

Logs sir.
What DB
Your credentials ok?
DBCLient libraries installed?
Can you connect with Windows ODBC?

Magic Crystal balls are out of service

2 Likes

Thanks for the Input sir
database is mysql
credential are ok
both urs and its db server are on linux host
the only error/warning message that i am seeing is the one i mentioned above
DBclientlibraries? I am not aware of them

Seriously…I just can’t find an answer correct for this…
How you ended up installing a Genesys?
MySQL is not supported as DB…only for Genesys Customer Interaction Portal I think…
Read the basic documentation at least please. Will save you many lost of time.

Using Wizard i installed the suite, multimedia
mssql is the type
the problem is connection to the dbserver, not the db
i will read more documentation as you said
thank you

MSSQL (MicrosoftSQL) is not the same as MySQL

1 Like

Boss, I came across this thread. at the end of the thread the member was talking about the client that needs to be i nstalled on the host
I will sugges this to the admin guy, lets see what happens

http://www.sggu.com/smf/index.php?topic=1827.0