My endpoint is timing out intermittently, causing Genesys to push events to the dead letter queue via the internal retry logic. I need to intercept these failures and implement my own backoff strategy before they hit the DLQ limit.
Is there a way to configure the webhook delivery settings via the API to increase the retry window or disable DLQ ingestion temporarily? I’m looking for an endpoint to manage webhook configurations but don’t see one in the current spec that allows patching the retry policy.
Currently, my consumer logs show this payload when the 5xx occurs:
{
"event": "conversations:webchat:created",
"status": 504,
"error": "Gateway Timeout",
"retryCount": 3
}
The SDK doesn’t expose a method to patch the retry config directly. I’ve checked the @genesyscloud/webhelpdesk-client source but it’s thin on webhook management. Just need to know if I can tweak the retry behavior via the REST API or if I’m stuck with the default DLQ behavior.