Trying to programmatically update the Web Messaging deployment configuration to move the launcher to the top-left corner and change the primary color. The docs state: “Use PUT /api/v2/webdeployments/deployments/{deploymentId} to update deployment settings.”
I’m sending the following JSON payload:
{
"launcherPosition": "top-left",
"colors": {
"primary": "#FF5733"
}
}
The request returns a 200 OK, but the launcher stays bottom-right. I’ve verified the deployment ID is correct by fetching it first. The response body from the PUT looks fine, echoing back the changes.
{
"id": "my-deployment-id",
"launcherPosition": "top-left",
"colors": {
"primary": "#FF5733"
}
}
But when I load the widget in the browser, it ignores these settings. I’ve checked the network tab. The widget fetches the config from the configuration endpoint and it returns the old values. The PUT didn’t stick.
Is there a separate step to publish the changes? Or is the launcher position only editable in the UI? The docs don’t mention a publish action. I’ve tried waiting 30 seconds, but no luck.
Also, the primary color key might be wrong. The docs show primary in the example, but maybe it’s primaryColor? I tried that too, same result.
Here’s the curl command I’m using for debugging:
curl -X PUT https://api.mypurecloud.com/api/v2/webdeployments/deployments/{deploymentId} \
-H "Authorization: Bearer $TOKEN" \
-H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-d '{"launcherPosition": "top-left", "colors": {"primary": "#FF5733"}}'
Returns 200. But the frontend doesn’t update. Am I missing a cache busting step? Or is the API endpoint read-only for these fields?