Hey all,
So we just finished up a number port for a new client - 20 numbers total, coming in on a new trunk group, US-West-01. Registration’s solid, SIP options are passing, everything looks good on the trunk config side. But the numbers aren’t showing up as available in outbound routing - Architect flows are still trying to route to the old numbers.
It’s like there’s a delay between the number change being completed in the number management portal and it actually propagating to the routing logic. We’ve seen this before, but it’s usually just a few minutes. This time it’s been over an hour and it’s still broken. The client’s pretty upset, obviously.
We’ve tried the usual stuff - flushing the cache on the trunk group itself (the little recycle bin icon, does jack all most of the time tbh), toggling the ‘active’ status on the trunk, even just re-saving the trunk configuration. Nothing seems to be shaking things loose.
I’m poking around in the API logs, and I’m seeing successful responses when I query the trunk details via the API. It shows the new numbers associated with the trunk, but it’s like Architect isn’t picking them up. I’m using the Genesys Cloud Resource SDK for JavaScript, version 3.1.2 - I’m not seeing anything obvious in the SDK itself. The API calls are succeeding, but the UI isn’t reflecting the changes.
Anyone else run into something similar? We’ve got a workaround in place - manually updating the DNIS values in all the outbound flows, but that’s… not ideal.
The client’s numbers are all in the E.164 format, no weird characters or anything. The trunk group is set to use North American Numbering Plan, standard stuff. We’re running a pretty standard outbound dialing strategy - a simple dial plan expression that selects the outbound trunk group and then tries to match the dialed number to a DNIS.
I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the carrier - we’re using Bandwidth. They’re usually pretty reliable, but maybe there’s some caching on their end. I’ll reach out to their support, but figured I’d see if anyone’s experienced a similar delay with number changes.