Hi all,
We’re seeing a significant precision drop in our topic detection model after updating the keywords for ‘payment disputes’. It’s odd, because the keywords themselves seem relevant - we added “refund request”, “chargeback”, and “billing error” to the existing list of “dispute”, “incorrect charge”, and “payment issue”. Before the update, precision was around 82%. Now, it’s hovering around 65% - it’s impacting our reporting.
The flow is pretty standard - Zoom Contact Center routing based on detected topic, then tagging the interaction in our CRM. We’re using the Zoom Contact Center speech analytics engine directly - no custom integrations there. The topic model uses phrase spotting, not sentiment analysis, so I initially ruled out calibration issues. But it feels…similar to what was discussed in the community post about the SIP trunk jitter affecting precision, only this isn’t the trunk.
The weird part is the recall actually increased slightly, from 78% to 80%. This is making it hard to pinpoint the issue. I checked the keyword spotting logs in the analytics dashboard, and it appears the new keywords are being triggered correctly - they aren’t just missing entirely. It’s like the engine is correctly identifying these phrases, but misclassifying the overall topic.
I’ve also reviewed the phrase match thresholds - they’re set to the default 0.75. Has anyone else experienced this kind of precision drop after adding keywords? Is there a hidden weighting system for keywords that we should be aware of? Or maybe a cache invalidation issue after updating the model? I’m wondering if there’s a limit to the number of keywords a topic can have without impacting performance.
I tried recreating the topic model from scratch, but it didn’t improve things. Any thoughts? I’m open to exploring different approaches.