Throttling behavior on /api/v2/externalcontacts/bulk/contacts/enrich

Testing the bulk enrich endpoints this morning and the rate limiting is acting erratic. I’ve been running controlled bursts against POST /api/v2/externalcontacts/bulk/contacts/enrich to map out the sustained limit for our org.

The behavior is inconsistent. We’re seeing 429s after only 12 requests when using 10 enrichments per call. If I drop the payload to 2 enrichments per call, I can push about 40 requests before the hammer drops. It’s not scaling linearly with the number of operations.

Polite correction to the thread from last month: the limit isn’t strictly per-client. I’ve tried splitting the load across three different OAuth clients in the same org and the 429s still trigger at the same aggregate volume.

The response header is giving me this:

{
 "status": "429",
 "message": "Too Many Requests",
 "retryAfter": "12"
}

I’ve tried introducing a 500ms jitter between calls and spacing them out to 1 request per second, but the bucket seems to refill at a glacial pace. Not 100% sure if this is a shared limit across all bulk enrich endpoints or specific to the contacts endpoint.