Speech and Text Analytics API: Getting full transcript via GET /api/v2/interaction/analytics/conversations returns empty text

Is there a specific way to pull the full voice-to-text transcript for a completed interaction using the Genesys Cloud Speech and Text Analytics API? We are trying to automate our QA process by fetching transcripts directly instead of relying on manual review in the UI.

I am calling GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/{conversationId} with the correct headers and a valid bearer token. The request returns a 200 OK, but the transcript data is not directly included in the response body, even though I can see the full transcript in the Webex Contact Center admin console. The status shows as completed.

Here is the relevant part of the JSON payload I get back:

{
 "id": "a1b2c3d4-e5f6-7890-abcd-ef1234567890",
 "type": "voice",
 "status": "completed",
 "transcriptionStatus": "completed"
}

I’ve checked the conversation ID and it matches. The transcript is definitely there in the UI. Am I hitting the wrong endpoint? Should I be using the endpoint that returns the pre-signed S3 URL for the transcript instead, or is there a delay in the data population that I’m missing? We are on the US-East region if that matters.

1 Like