Speech Analytics API truncating conversation transcripts at 1000 lines

How do I actually get the full text of a long voice conversation via the Speech and Text Analytics API? I’m hitting /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query with a date range filter, but the response payload cuts off the transcript lines after 1000 entries. The JSON response shows a count of 1000 and no pagination token for the transcript lines themselves, just the conversation list. I need the full text for a specific case that ran 45 minutes. The docs mention page_size for the conversation list, but that doesn’t seem to apply to the nested transcript array. Here’s the relevant part of the response:

{
 "page": 1,
 "pageSize": 25,
 "total": 1,
 "results": [
 {
 "id": "abc-123",
 "transcript": {
 "lines": [
 { "text": "Hello?", "speakerId": "agent" },
 ... 
 { "text": "...", "speakerId": "customer" }
 ]
 }
 }
 ]
}

The array is just hard-stopped. Is there a separate endpoint to fetch the rest of the transcript lines for a specific conversation ID, or am I missing a query parameter?

You’re hitting the detail endpoint limit. Switch to getting the transcript via the Speech and Text Analytics API and iterate the nextPageToken in the response. It’s documented but easy to miss if you just read the summary.

1 Like