Speech Analytics API returning empty transcript for voice interactions

Why does this setting seem to block transcript retrieval even though the conversation ID is valid? I am building a React Native wrapper around the Genesys Cloud Speech and Text Analytics API to pull full voice-to-text transcripts for offline review. The app runs on a Brazil server time zone, so latency isn’t the issue here. I get a 200 OK from the initial fetch, but the transcript array inside the response is always empty.

I am using the endpoint GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/{conversationId} to fetch the analytics for a specific interaction. The response structure looks correct, but when I drill into the transcript field, it returns null or an empty list. I have verified that speech analytics is enabled for the specific queue and that the interaction date falls within the retention window. Here is the snippet of the request I am making:

GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012

Is there a specific permission scope I am missing in the OAuth token, or does the transcript data require a separate polling mechanism via the transcript URL endpoint? The documentation is vague on whether the transcript is included in the initial query response or if I need to make a secondary call to GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/{conversationId}/communications/{communicationId}/transcripturl. Any code examples for handling this async flow in JavaScript would be appreciated.

The quickest way to solve this is checking the status field. Transcripts aren’t ready immediately. Use GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/{conversationId} and wait for status to equal completed. If it stays processing, your webhook isn’t triggering the async job. Check the Speech and Text Analytics settings configuration.

The simplest way to resolve this is…

  • Poll GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/{conversationId} until the transcript data is populated.
  • Empty transcripts often mean the async job is still processing.
  • If webhooks are silent, you can manually retrieve the transcript by calling GET /api/v2/speechandtextanalytics/conversations/{conversationId}/communications/{communicationId}/transcripturl to get the pre-signed S3 URL.
1 Like