SAML Identity Provider update error during SOC2 review

Hi all,

I apologize if this is a beginner question, but we’ve run into a problem while updating our SAML settings for a SOC2 compliance check. The security team needs to rotate the certificate, but the update is failing. It’s not saving the new metadata values correctly.

  • Environment: Genesys Cloud (Asia/Tokyo region)
  • Action: PUT /api/v2/identityproviders/generic
  • Result: 400 Bad Request

The system returns an error saying the request body is invalid, but the XML format looks correct. I tried to use the GET /api/v2/identityproviders/generic call first to see the current config, then I just changed the certificate string and sent it back. The update doesn’t stick. Maybe I’m confusing the identity provider settings with the security profile permissions? I checked the list using GET /api/v2/contentmanagement/securityprofiles just in case, but that doesn’t seem related.

{
 "message": "Invalid request body",
 "status": "400",
 "code": "bad.request"
}