Hey everyone,
I’m still getting my bearings after moving from PureConnect to GC, and I’m stuck on PII handling. What’s the right way to mask PII in the Architect context before the recording storage pulls it?
In CIC we used to just toggle the encryption flag on the recording server and that was it. Much simpler. Now I’m running GC v23.8.2 in eu-central-1, and the wf_security_pii_mask_v2 flow is throwing a 403 Forbidden with INVALID_CONTEXT_PERMISSION when attempting to save the recording.
The endpoint docs don’t show a masking parameter, which is confusing. Also, the logs just show the context object getting dropped entirely after the Set Variable step.
I saw a community post from a while back where someone shared a workaround involving a custom script to pre-sanitize the context, but that feels like a band-aid. Has anyone found a solid way to handle this without breaking the flow? Any workarounds or tips would be appreciated!
Hi all,
I’m running into the INVALID_CONTEXT_PERMISSION error when the flow token tries to override recording server settings. The docs state “context tokens are bound to the originating flow and cannot be reused across different recording storage calls.” I’m not sure why this is blocking me?
I thought I had to use an API call to mask PII, but that expects a valid context token and raw audio metadata. Is that the issue?
I tried sanitizing the data in the flow before the recording starts. I used a Set Data action with a replace expression:
replace(contact.phoneNumber, "[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{3}-", "***-***-")
Then I pass the sanitized variable into the recording context using set recording context. The recording server should pull whatever is in the context at that exact moment, right?
But the context object drops when the flow times out waiting for the recording server callback. I added a timeout handler to the action and set it to 30s. The docs state “data actions must complete within the configured timeout or the context is cleared.” Why is it still dropping?
If I keep hitting 403s, I checked the OAuth client credentials. It needs recording:write and interaction:write. Also, the CIC encryption toggle you mentioned got deprecated in v22.4.
I also tried stripping the raw context payload down to just the masked fields. Extra keys trigger validation failures on the storage endpoint. Expression syntax is strict here too. I made sure the expression doesn’t have unescaped brackets. It’ll throw a syntax error and skip the masking step entirely if I do. Can someone help me figure out what’s wrong?