License Manager not showing current count of licenses in use

I get the following output for lmutil, I am interested in the last line. I know we have 78 licensed seats and was expecting the lmutil to display how many of those 78 seats are in use:

/usr/local/gvp/license_manager/lmutil lmstat -a | grep -i total

Users of 3GP08253ACAA: (Total of 25 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of tserver_sdn: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 1 license in use)
Users of tserver_tdn: (Total of 999999 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of tserver_iscc: (Total of 999999 licenses issued; Total of 1 license in use)
Users of cti_ha_option: (Total of 999999 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of tserver_ivr_max_ports_in_front: (Total of 78 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

I read there is a tserver log which should have a log message like “20004|TRACE|MSG_TS_COMMON_LICENSE_USED|Number of licenses in use %d out of %d available” but I have had no luck finding that log file. I am not even certain we have a tserver running since I do not see it as a running process:

java -jar ems-rs.jar -app GVP Reporting Server
/lca/gda
/lca/lca
./multiserver -host host1 -app cfg_dbserver
./confserv
./dbclient_oracle dbserver.conf host1 0 on off 0 no 3600 0 0
./dbclient_oracle dbserver.conf host1 0 on off 0 no 3600 0 1
./multiserver -host host1 -app GF log_dbserver
./MessageServer -host host1 -app GF msgserver
./scs -host host1 -app GF scserver
./ssg -app GVP Supplementary Services Gateway
./sip_server -app SIP Switch
/license_manager/lmgrd -c license.dat -l /var/log/lmgrd/genesys_lmgrd.log
genesys.d -T host1 -c /license_manager/license.dat --lmgrd_start
/bin/sh ./ps_startup.sh -app GVP Policy Server
java -jar policyserver.jar -app GVP Policy Server

Any help would be appreciated as we are really interested in seeing/reporting that metric.

With that list of applications sip_server is your TServer.

By default I would expect the logs to be in the install directory for sip_server. However, if you haven’t configured the logging it’s not likely to have enough detail to show you licensing status.

Dionysis,

thanks for your response. I think that is what is happening. I found the sip_server.lms but it does not seem like the sip server is set up to load that file. I think it is reading from the common.lms file which is not as detailed.

Any guidance on how to set up logging to display license usage would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

2 Likes

You can also count the number of agent extensions in CME - thats how many SEATS you have and also how many seat_dn licenses SIP Server uses

1 Like