Hey everyone,
I’m trying to programmatically spin up a cobrowse session using the Conversations API, specifically for an outbound call flow where the agent needs to pull up the customer’s browser context immediately. I know the Agent Assist tool handles this nicely in the UI, but we need it triggered automatically from a webhook on the backend.
I’ve been looking at the cobrowse endpoints, but I’m not seeing a clear payload structure that actually initiates the cobrowse handshake. I tried using the POST /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/cobrowse endpoint, expecting the API to return a session ID or a URL token I can inject into the agent’s desktop.
The request hits the server and comes back with a 202 Accepted, which feels promising. But nothing happens on the agent’s side. No pop-up, no session token, nothing. I’ve checked the interaction logs and the event shows up as delivered, but the cobrowse state never changes to active.
Am I missing a required header or a specific data field? Or is this endpoint just for logging events and I actually need to hit a different cobrowse-specific resource to kick off the session? The docs are pretty sparse on the actual initiation mechanics outside of the standard UI flow.
Any pointers on the correct endpoint or payload shape would be huge. I’m stuck on this wall right now.