How to logout agents from chat/email channels remotely?

Agents are logged in to the multi-media channels using the WDE client. We need to be able to log them out remotely using a separate script/process?

How would you do this?

Thanks in advance!

Check if those links can help you:
https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Help/Team_Lead#scrollNav-7
https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Dep/EnableTeamLead#scrollNav-3

Thanks for the links, @hsujdik. The goal is to create a solution for a group who would never be the TeamLead/Supervisor for an Agent Group, so the Supervisor monitoring/logoff feature on WDE doesn’t quite cover the use case.

I was looking at the OpenMedia/InteractionServer API and tried to send the RemoveMedia request to IXNServer/proxy for agents (who were logged in on the WDE client) without success. I have sent in different set of parameters with the request and all I am getting back is ā€œClient is not logged inā€ :frowning:

1 Like

This feature of WDE uses Genesyslab.Platform.OpenMedia.Protocols.InteractionServer.Esp.EspRequest3rdServer to logout other agents. Perhaps you can try to replicate it.

ā€˜EspRequest3rdServer’ (ā€˜500’)
message attributes:
Request [bstr] = KVList:
ā€˜AppType’ [int] = 111
ā€˜Service’ [str] = ā€œResourceManagementā€
ā€˜Method’ [str] = ā€œForceLogoutā€
ā€˜Parameters’ [lst] = KVList:
ā€˜Tenant’ [int] = 101 <— Tenant DBID
ā€˜Agent’ [str] = ā€œAgent_To_Be_Logged_Outā€
ā€˜Place’ [str] = ā€œPlace_To_Be_Logged_Out_Fromā€

1 Like

Hi! We use GMS API to log agent out remotely. But we use WWE hence not sure if it will work with WDE logged agents.

1 Like

Thanks so much @hsujdik for this wonderful idea. I never thought about it. Will definitely give it a try.

cheers,

Hi @marmota, WWE/WDE shouldn’t make a difference as the logins are controlled by the CTI/Multimedia app components. Were you able to logout agents off of the e-Services channels using the API? Do you mind sharing the API request that you use for this.

Thanks,

Just out of curiosity, did you manage to replicate that?

1 Like

Hi!

It seems I was not quite correct saying we log agents out with API. What we do is logging in and chaning status to Ready/NotReady:

Log in:
GET http://SERVER_NAME/api/v2/me/
with Header Content-Type: application/json
and Basic Authorization

Change Status:
POST http://SERVER_NAME/api/v2/me/channels/voice
with same Headers and Body: {ā€œoperationNameā€:ā€œReadyā€}

Documentation says we can log agent out the same way we log in but with POST instead of GET. But it doesn’t work at my installation for some reason…

Here it comes:

If anybody did it with loggin out I’d be happy to hear =)

It seems to work =)

Need to add body to the POST-request:

{ā€œoperationNameā€: ā€œEndContactCenterSessionā€}

@hsujdik

we had to table it back in the time because of other priorities. But, the business units wants it now, so we are back at it.

I will try and let you know.

Thanks again for the wonderful idea. Will let you know how it goes.

cheers,

Again, just curious in case I need it in the future… did this work?

1 Like

@hsujdik

Yes, the e-Services team did a POC with success. Also, Genesys mentioned this is the only way of doing it through the ESP port.