Can’t get this config to load properly when attempting to send structured messages like quick replies and cards via the Genesys Cloud Open Messaging API. I am building a high-throughput service in Go that interacts with the POST /api/v2/conversations/messages/{integrationId}/inbound/open/structured/response endpoint. The basic text messages work fine, but as soon as I introduce the type field as structured and include the structuredMessage payload, the API returns a 400 Bad Request. I suspect my JSON marshaling or the way I am constructing the HTTP request body is slightly off, given the strict schema requirements for the Open Messaging format.
Here is the Go struct I am using to model the message payload:
type StructuredMessage struct {
Type string `json:"type"`
StructuredMessage struct {
Type string `json:"type"`
Content []interface{} `json:"content"`
} `json:"structuredMessage"`
}
I am sending this via a custom HTTP client that handles OAuth tokens and retries. The request body looks like this when serialized:
The error response from Genesys Cloud is vague, simply stating “Invalid message payload.” I have verified the OAuth token is valid and has the correct scopes. I am also logging the full request using OpenTelemetry to ensure no headers are missing. Is there a specific nuance in the Go encoding or the API endpoint behavior for structured messages that I am missing? I need to ensure my retry middleware isn’t masking a deeper serialization issue.
This happens because the strict schema validation on the structuredMessage field. the open messaging api expects a specific envelope format that wraps your quick replies or cards, not just the raw payload. if you send a generic object, it fails.
you need to ensure your go struct matches the MessagingMessage interface exactly. here is the correct structure for a quick reply message using the purecloud go client or direct http:
type StructuredMessage struct {
Type string `json:"type"`
QuickReplies []QuickReplyItem `json:"quickReplies,omitempty"`
// other fields like title, body, etc.
}
type QuickReplyItem struct {
Label string `json:"label"`
Value string `json:"value"`
Actions []Action `json:"actions,omitempty"`
}
// The envelope for the POST body
type MessagingPayload struct {
To []Recipient `json:"to"`
From Recipient `json:"from"`
Type string `json:"type"` // "structured"
StructuredMessage *StructuredMessage `json:"structuredMessage"`
}
make sure type is explicitly set to "structured" at the root level of the message object. also, verify you are using the messaging:write scope in your oauth token. i often see this fail because people omit the from object or use an invalid from id.
if you are hitting this from a serverless context (like lambda), double check that you are not truncating the json due to buffer limits before sending. use json.MarshalIndent for debugging first.