Go Guest API poll loop hitting 429 on Web Messaging queue status checks

Hi all,

I’m currently wiring up a Go routine to poll the Genesys Cloud Web Messaging queue status via the Guest API, and I wanted to walk through my reasoning step by step so I can get some feedback. First, I’m constructing a poll payload that references the QUEUE_ID and maps a position tracking matrix alongside a wait time estimation directive. I’ve written the builder to fire an atomic GET to check the queue status with a body like {"queueId": "msg-queue-01", "positionMatrix": [2, 5], "waitEstimate": true}.

Next, I’m running into an issue where the messaging gateway throws a 429 immediately. After tracing the request, it looks like the MAX_POLL_FREQUENCY limit isn’t being respected in the KEY CONFIGURATIONS block. Because of this, I need to validate the poll schema against the gateway constraints before each loop iteration. I’m still getting the hang of this, so I’m trying to be very explicit about the validation step.

The routine is also supposed to handle automatic cache refresh triggers, but I’ve noticed the format verification step keeps skipping whenever agent availability shifts. To work around this, I’m routing the status retrieval through a callback handler to sync with our external tracker, and I want to dump the latency metrics into an audit log. However, the queue capacity check pipeline isn’t catching the digital scaling events properly, which is throwing off my metrics.

I usually manage this sort of infrastructure in Terraform since I prefer a devops approach, but the KEY CONFIGURATIONS for the poller have to live in Go for now. I’m running go v1.21 on the devops runner, and the validation logic isn’t catching the drift. Here’s the request setup I’m using: req, err := http.NewRequest("GET", endpoint, strings.NewReader(payload))

The position accuracy rates are still slipping, and weird enough, the audit logs show the callback firing twice. I’d really appreciate any guidance on how to tighten up the KEY CONFIGURATIONS and fix the double-fire issue. Thanks in advance!

1 Like