GET /api/v2/analytics/queues/realtime returns empty data for waiting count

Trying to pull real-time queue stats for a hybrid dashboard. I’m querying for queue observations using POST /api/v2/analytics/queues/observations/query with a valid org admin token. The request returns a 200 OK, but the data array in the JSON payload is completely empty.

{
 "requestId": "xyz-123",
 "data": [],
 "totalRecords": 0
}

I’ve checked the queue ID. It’s definitely active and has agents logged in. I can see the data in the Genesys admin UI, so it’s not a data availability issue. I tried adding groupBy: queueId to the query params, but that just gives me a 400 Bad Request saying the groupBy isn’t allowed for this specific metric combination.

Is there a specific scope I’m missing on the OAuth client? The token has analytics:report:read. I also tried using the Python SDK, same result. Empty array.

Anyone else hit this wall with the observations endpoint? It feels like I’m missing a basic config step on the queue itself.

3 Likes