Getting a 409 Conflict when trying to create the webhook subscription. The payload is standard, but the targets array seems to be choking on the EventBridge ARN format. Here’s the config object I’m passing:
{
"name": "GC-to-EventBridge",
"address": "arn:aws:events:us-east-1:123456789012:rule/GCWebchatRule",
"enabled": true,
"eventFilters": [
{
"eventType": "webchat:session:updated"
}
],
"targets": [
{
"type": "eventbridge",
"address": "arn:aws:events:us-east-1:123456789012:rule/GCWebchatRule"
}
]
}
The error response says Invalid target address for type eventbridge. I’ve double-checked the IAM role attached to the Genesys Cloud user, and it has events:PutEvents permissions. The ARN is definitely correct for the rule I created in the US East console.
We’ve tried using arn:aws:sqs as a fallback, and that works fine. Just EventBridge rules that are failing. Is there a specific region mismatch issue here? Our Genesys instance is in us-east-1, but our Android app (Kotlin, using the GC SDK) is handling sessions in us-west-2. Could the event source region matter for the webhook target?
Also, noticed that webchat:message:created triggers fine if I use a simple HTTP endpoint, so the filter syntax seems okay. Just the EventBridge target type is acting up. Any idea what the address format should actually look like?