We’ve got a backend service that needs to kill off stale Web Messaging sessions automatically. The standard client-side closeSession works fine, but we need to do this server-side via the API.
I’m trying to force close a session, but I can’t find a dedicated “close” endpoint in the v2 API spec. I was hoping to use a POST to a session-specific path, but it seems that doesn’t exist. I’m currently stuck trying to figure out how to terminate a session server-side without relying on the client-side SDK.
I’ve checked the available endpoints and see DELETE /api/v2/webdeployments/token/revoke which invalidates a JWT, but that seems to be for the deployment token, not the specific session state. I also see GET /api/v2/webmessaging/messages to check the state, but no corresponding write action to close it.
Is there a specific scope or role assignment I’m missing that would allow me to trigger a close? Or is it simply not possible to force-close a session via the public API, and we have to rely on the client-side implementation or timeout mechanisms?
Anyone else hit this wall?