Fetching full voice-to-text transcript via Speech and Text Analytics API

How do I actually pull the complete voice-to-text transcript for a specific conversation using the Speech and Text Analytics API?

I’ve got the conversation ID from the conversations API, and I’m using the Node.js SDK (genesys-cloud-nodejs-client). I tried calling analyticsApi.getAnalyticsConversationData but that just gives me the metrics, not the transcript text.

I’m looking for the actual text content, not just the segments or metadata.

Here’s what I’m doing:

const response = await analyticsApi.getAnalyticsConversationData({
 conversationId: 'abc-123',
 analyticsQuery: {
 // what goes here?
 }
});

The docs are a bit vague on how to request the transcript specifically. Do I need to use the view parameter? I tried view=full but got a 400 Bad Request saying the view is invalid.

Also, is there a rate limit I should be aware of? I need to process about 500 calls a day. Any code examples or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

  • You’re hitting the wrong endpoint. getAnalyticsConversationData is for metrics, not raw text.
  • Use getAnalyticsConversationsData with view: "transcripts" in the request body. Here’s the Node.js config:
const body = {
 view: "transcripts",
 entities: [{ id: "your-conversation-id", type: "conversation" }],
 interval: "2023-01-01/2023-12-31"
};
await platformClient.analyticsApi.getAnalyticsConversationsData(body);
1 Like