Can’t get this config to load properly… I am trying to remove a specific participant from an active conference call using the Genesys Cloud Conversations API. I am trying to disconnect a participant’s communication, but the endpoint returns a 404 Not Found.
How I usually solve this is by verifying the resource path. The 404 indicates the conference ID or participant ID is invalid in that context. You are using the wrong endpoint. The POST /participants endpoint adds a participant. To remove one, you must use PATCH /api/v2/conversations/calls/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId}/communications/{communicationId} to disconnect the specific communication.
In .NET SDK, this maps to ConversationsApi.PatchConversationCallParticipantCommunication. Ensure the participantId and communicationId match the IDs returned from the conversation details, not the external user ID.
var apiInstance = new ConversationsApi();
var conversationId = "your-conversation-id";
var participantId = "target-participant-id";
var communicationId = "target-communication-id";
var body = new ConversationParticipantCommunicationUpdate(); // Set disconnect state if required by SDK model
await apiInstance.PatchConversationCallParticipantCommunication(conversationId, participantId, communicationId, body);
Check your logs for the exact participantId and communicationId. If it still fails, print the full list of participants to confirm the IDs exist in the active session.