CXone Reporting API v2: Real-time queue stats returning stale data despite fresh token

Running into a weird caching issue with the CXone Reporting API v2 endpoints. We’re building a real-time dashboard for agents and need current queue wait times and agent counts. The docs say the real-time queue stats endpoint should give us live data, but we’re seeing a 5-10 minute lag.

Here’s the setup. We’re using the Python SDK (genesys-cloud-python) to fetch an OAuth token and then make the request. The token is fresh every time. No 401s or 403s. Just stale data.

import requests
from genesyscloud.auth.api_client import ApiClient

# ... auth setup ...
token = api_client.get_access_token()
headers = {
 'Authorization': f'Bearer {token}',
 'Accept': 'application/json',
 'X-Genesys-Platform-Auth': token # Tried both, same result
}

url = 'https://api.mypurecloud.com/api/v2/routing/queues/{queueId}/estimatedwaittime'
params = {
 'conversationId': 'some-conv-id' # Trying to get specific context
}

response = requests.get(url, headers=headers, params=params)
print(response.json())

The response comes back with a 200 OK. The JSON structure looks right. But if I check the CXone admin console UI at the same time, the numbers are different. The UI updates instantly. The API is stuck.

I’ve tried:

  1. Using different query parameters. Same lag.
  2. Removing the query params entirely. Still laggy.
  3. Checking the X-Request-Id in the response and searching logs. Nothing weird there.

Is there a known delay for the v2 realtime endpoints? Or am I missing a header that forces a cache bypass? The documentation mentions “near real-time” but 10 minutes isn’t near anything useful for us. We need this for screen pop logic.

Also, noticed that if I hit the endpoint too often, I get a 429 Too Many Requests. Rate limit is 10 requests per minute. That’s tight for a dashboard that updates every 5 seconds. Is there a WebSocket alternative for queue stats? Or do we have to poll this endpoint and eat the rate limit?

3 Likes