Trying to migrate a high-volume intent model from NICE to Genesys Cloud Bot Studio and the classification confidence scores are dropping below threshold when executing bot actions during peak load in EU-West. NICE Decisioning Engine processes this batch scoring without the rate limits we’re hitting, and the fallback flow triggers too often which breaks the handoff logic we validated in Five9’s sandbox last week. The release notes claim dynamic scaling handles these spikes, but the 429 errors suggest otherwise, so it’s worth checking the actual scaling documentation instead of the marketing slides.
PureCloudPlatformClientV2 handles the rate limiting differently than raw REST calls, so I tested the platformClient.botsApi.postBotsBotActions method with exponential backoff, which failed on the initial batch but stabilized after adding a retry header.
State drift’s definitely triggering the gateway rejection.
{
"retry_strategy": "exponential",
"max_attempts": 5,
"backoff_ms": 2000
}
What’s your exact max_retries value in the state file?
Hi everyone,
I’m reviewing the admin guide regarding API limits and the resulting delays on the dashboard. While the documentation indicates that retry logic is assisting the backend, I need to ensure my team has clear visibility into these events.
How do I view the current status of API limits directly within the UI?
This discrepancy is causing confusion among my agents, and I need to address this to maintain accurate reporting workflows.
[Screenshot]
Exponential Backoff executes but hits ceiling if Throttle Configuration diverges from Batch Size. Admin UI network inspector exposes payload structure during 429 spike. Rate Limit Policy enforces conservative window on EU-West; dashboard metrics lag. Attach BOTS:WRITE Scope to JWT prior to PUT. API Gateway Settings reflect immediately upon completion. Edge propagation requires thirty seconds.
The rate limit settings are managed via the platform’s throttle configuration.