Hey all,
We’ve got a weird one cropping up in production - auto-answer suggestions are failing to surface in a handful of our DX flows, and it’s intermittent. It’s impacting a fairly large queue so it’s getting attention. The error’s a 400 Bad Request when the flow tries to hit the /api/v2/knowledge/knowledgebases/{knowledgeBaseId}/documents/search/suggestions endpoint.
It’s happening specifically after a chatbot handoff. The flow looks like this - customer starts in the bot, then we route to a live agent via a transfer action, then we’re trying to surface relevant KB articles after the agent accepts the chat. We’re using the “Suggest Knowledge Articles” node, configured to pull from a specific knowledge base - ID is 7a3b2c9d-e1f2-3456-7890-abcdef012345.
I’ve dug into the flow history and the logs and it appears the request being sent to the API is pretty standard. The query parameter is being populated with the chat transcript, and the maxResults is set to 5. I saw a similar issue mentioned a month or so back in a community thread about article relevance, but that one seemed to be related to the relevance tuning settings in the knowledge base. We checked those and they look correct.
Here’s a snippet of the error message from the flow execution details:
{
"message": "Bad Request",
"code": 400,
"details": [
{
"field": "query",
"message": "Query cannot be empty"
}
]
}
The thing that’s throwing me is the transcript isn’t empty. I’ve validated that the transfer action is capturing the full transcript, and the query parameter is getting populated. It’s like the API is temporarily rejecting it even though it shouldn’t be. I also checked the KB indexing status - it completed successfully a couple of hours ago. The SDK version the flow is running on is 2.1.1. I’ve tried bumping the query length limit to 2000 to see if that helps, no luck.
Anyone else seen this? It’s a head-scratcher.