Architect Data Action timing out at 3s despite 5s response time

Running into a hard limit with a Data Action in Genesys Cloud Architect. I’m calling an internal microservice that handles address validation. The endpoint is fast, but under load it occasionally spikes to 4-5 seconds. The Data Action just fails with a generic timeout error before the response comes back.

I’ve checked the documentation and it mentions a default timeout of 3 seconds. I tried setting the timeout perty in the Data Action configuration JSON to 5000, but it seems to get ignored or clamped back down.

Here’s the config snippet I’m using:

{
 "type": "rest",
 "url": "https://internal-api.example.com/validate",
 "method": "POST",
 "timeout": 5000,
 "headers": {
 "Content-Type": "application/json"
 }
}

The error log just says Data Action execution timed out. Is there a way to bump this limit higher via the API or is 3s a hard ceiling for standard users? I’ve tried adjusting the retry policy but that doesn’t help if the first call just drops.

1 Like

You can’t override that. The 3s hard limit is baked into the Data Action runtime, not a config perty. You’ll need to move that call to an external webhook or a flow script step if you need more headroom.

3 Likes