Analytics Query returning empty results for action aggregates?

Hey everyone,

Trying to pull some reporting for our healthcare queues to see which actions are being used most often. FWIW, I’ve got the Python SDK (v2.11.0) set up and OAuth is working fine, but the data just isn’t showing up.

Setup

  1. Using a Client Credentials grant.
  2. Target is a specific set of queues with HIPAA recording turned on.
  3. Calling the aggregate endpoint to get counts.

The Problem

The API call returns a 200 OK, but the results array is totally empty. It’s not throwing a 400 or 500, it’s just… nothing. YMMV, but I’ve tried changing the interval to cover the last 30 days and still getting blank results.

Code Snippet

import PureCloudPlatformClientV2

# setup client
api_instance = PureCloudPlatformClientV2.AnalyticsApi()

query_body = {
 "interval": "2023-10-01T00:00:00.000Z/2023-10-31T23:59:59.999Z",
 "groupBy": ["actionId"],
 "metrics": ["nCount"]
}

try:
 # calling the aggregate query endpoint
 result = api_instance.post_analytics_actions_aggregates_query(query_body)
 print(result)
except Exception as e:
 print(f"Error: {e}")

Log Output

{'results': [], 'count': 0, 'status': 'completed'}

I tried using POST /api/v2/analytics/actions/aggregates/jobs since I thought maybe the query was too big and needed to be asynchronous, but the job finishes instantly and the results are still empty. Not sure if it’s a permissions thing or if I’m confusing the action aggregates with something else in the analytics suite.

Zoom Contact Center SDKs usually fail here because the interval isn’t aligned with the aggregate bucket. You can’t just pass a random timestamp; it’s an architectural requirement that the start and end times match the reporting period.

{
 "interval": "2023-10-01T00:00:00.000Z/2023-10-07T23:59:59.999Z",
 "filter": {
 "type": "and",
 "clauses": [{"type": "or", "predicates": [{"interval": "2023-10-01T00:00:00.000Z/2023-10-07T23:59:59.999Z"}]}]
 }
}

spot on. we’re on Zoom Contact Center and saw the same thing happen with our knowledge base metrics when the interval was off.

it might also be the permission scope on the client credentials. double check if the role has the specific analytics view rights for those queues.

2 Likes

that worked! adjusted the interval to match the bucket and the data finally showed up :slight_smile:

{
 "interval": "2023-10-01T00:00:00.000Z/2023-10-01T23:59:59.999Z"
}

The resolution in the earlier reply is correct. From what I’ve seen in other community posts, a common workaround for reporting gaps is validating that the interval matches the exact reporting bucket. This is critical for maintaining accurate adoption metrics when presenting data to stakeholders.