401 on DX Knowledge Base sync endpoint when pushing auto-answer suggestions to chatbot

Hey everyone,

I’m working on the GC+Genesys DX integration and I’m stuck on the Bold360 knowledge base sync. I’m trying to get auto-answer suggestions pushing to the chatbot handoff, but the sync keeps failing.

When I try to sync the knowledge base articles, it throws a 401 Unauthorized with an invalid_scope payload. The service account has knowledge:read and integration:write attached. Is that not enough?

Data residency is EU Central, matching the Berlin org, so I thought the compliance headers should line up. The console shows the handshake stalls right before article extraction. My logs just cut off mid-request, which is confusing.

Is there a specific compliance flag needed in the POST body? The DX docs hint at a data_classification parameter but don’t list the exact values. Basic question, but I’m not sure what values to use.

The chatbot isn’t surfacing any fresh KB articles right now. Token refresh works fine elsewhere. We are on Genesys Cloud v2024.08.

Here is the log, but it cuts off:

2024-11-12T14:22:01Z [INFO] initiating sync...
2024-11-12T14:22:03Z [ERROR] 401 Unauthorized
{
 "status": 401,
 "error": "invalid_scope",
 "message": "Token missing required compliance validation for cross-tenant data sync"
}
// trace cuts off here

Thanks for any help!

Cause: The OAuth layer validates scopes step-by-step before hitting middleware. You’re passing integration:write but don’t forget the DX route strictly expects genesysdx:write inside the JWT.
Solution: We just need to update the scope array during token generation. Try this:

platformClient.get_oauth_api.create_token("client_credentials", { client_id: ENV['ID'], client_secret: ENV['KEY'], scope: "genesysdx:write integration:write" })

The 401 usually clears up right after that swap.

1 Like

Problem
The Admin UI dashboard didn’t sync properly until we patched the Scope Configuration.

Code

{
 "scope": ["genesysdx:write", "integration:write"]
}

Error
The invalid_scope payload cleared immediately.

Question
Queue Analytics Widget refresh rates after this Scope Configuration update remain unclear.

1 Like